..................................................Western High School Class of 1892
....................................................................Western High School - Class of 1892
.................................................................Western High School Baltimore
.................................................Western High School - 100 North Paca Street -1844



Western High School   ( # 4 )
Druid Hill Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland


............................................Western High School

..................Baltimore's Western High School

..............Baltimore's Western High School

.....Baltimore's old Western High School
...

....Western High School

........Old Western High School Baltimore
 Western High School almost got as much attention on postcards as did the North Avenue Eastern High School. Also known as Female High School in it's early days, the high school opened on McCullogh Street , and when the school needed additional space, a wing was added to the south side of the school. Over the years, the McCullogh Street building couldn't meet the needs of the school, and Western High school moved to the Gywnn Falls campus ( seen below ).

....
The older Western High school building as been used as a school for younger students since it closed as Western High school. The picture on the right shows the Druid Hill entrance of the school, with incredible stone work everywhere.

Western High School   ( # 5 )
1928 -  1957

Gwynns Falls Parkway
Now used by Douglas High School



........................................Western High School Gwynns Falls Parkway

.....Western High School stone work

..........Western High School




On the East side of the Gywnns Falls Campus of the old Western High School, you will find these three stone tablet, just below the roof line. They show the sciences, scholars, and sports.


....Western High SchoolSports
Western High School # 6
1957 - 1967

Centre Street and Howard Street
Baltimore , Maryland


.............................Baltimore's Western High School 1967 ..........Western High School 1960s Centre and Howard Streets Baltimore

After using the Gwynns Falls Parkway campus, Western moved to the old City College on Centre Street and Howard Street, awaiting the completion of the newest campus on Cold Spring Lane at Falls Road.

In the late 1960's, Western was moved , along with Poly to a new campus at the Northwest corner of Falls Road and West Cold Spring Lane, in North Baltimore City.. The school shares that campus with Poly to this day. Picture to the right shows Governor McKeldin during the opening  of the new school building in 1967.


..........Western High School Deciaition 1960s
..........Western High School 1969 Baltimore
...Baltimore's Western High School , Falls Rd

...........
Baltimore's Western High School

  Several scenes from Western High school in Baltimore, during the 1970's. Above left, school letting out of the procession of cars. ( In later years, the traffic flow was made one way ). Upper right and left , the line of buses taking students all over the City, as Western is a " City wide " school.  Below, student coming back to class after  " hanging out on the Quad", an area between Western and Poly, circa the 1970's.
..........................................................................Western High School , Baltimore 1969
www.Kilduffs.com

Version 9-10