............................................................
......................................................................................................Belair Avenue
...............................................................................Aberdeen,  Maryland ( Harford County )
.............................................................................................................Razed
...........................................................................Others names include - Aaco Theatre & Squire Theatre

......................................................................................................
......
..................................
  The New Theatre was on the corner of Belair Avenue just west of Rt. 40, next to Oddfellow's Hall. The old theatre was first known as the Aaco Theatre, opening in 1919, but that name was later changed, sometime in the 1940's. The theater was the only movie house for Aberdeen , and closed in the mid 1970's, after a fire at the building next door at Oddfellows Hall,  caused extensive damage. In 1926, movies were shown on the first floor, while a printing shop occupied the second floor of the building. Back then, the address the theatre went by was 311 Belair Avenue. f you weren't in the mood for a movie, the bowling alley in town was to the rear of the building, about half a block away. Where Pulaski Highway (Rt 40) runs today (once known as Front Street ) , there was a lumber yard (W.W. Johnson) which was later shared in years with a coal yard.
.......................................... .
       The building no longer still stands, after being renovated into a bank, and then torn down in 2004 for the bank parking lot, and then in later years a new bank was built on the lot.  n the 1970's, the New changed it's name again, to the Squire Theatre.  There was a Drive In Theater in  later years, located at Beard's Hill and Churchville Roads.
.......

  Above - Two looks from different angles at Belair Avenue in Aberdeen and the New Theatre. One more can be found below.
.......................
............................................................................................................................................................................................................ ......

..................................
Aaco /
              New Theatre - Aberdeen Md .............................
.......................................Early view of the New Theatre, going under the name the Aaco Theatre  .......................................Postcard Circa 1940's


............................... ......................... 
 Aberdeen Maryland's New ( Aaco/ Squire ) Theatre in 2002 .

........................
.....................
 
.
.......  
 
.................  

............................................................Aberdeen Maryland
....Looking in the southwest direction, the New Theater is the second building in the group. 
.......  


References :



Film Daily Yearbook       1931     New Theatre   250 seats
Film Daily Yearbook       1934     New Theatre   250 seats

Film Daily Yearbook       1935     New Theatre   250 seats
Film Daily Yearbook       1938     New Theatre   250 seats
Film Daily Yearbook       1941     New Theatre   250 seats

Film Daily Yearbook       1952     New Theatre   400 seats

Many Thanks to Jim Lindsey of the Aberdeen Room Archives & Museum Inc.


       Comments are Always Welcome !.......................
....................................................................
........... ...... .....
...
........................................    ............................................
........................................................................