Laurel Theatre was listed from atleast 1930 to the early
1970's, closing around 1975. In later years, it
was used as a dinner theatre. The theatre building
replaced the Red Wing Theatre ( mid 1910's to late
1920's ) that had been on that site earlier, but
had burned down. There had also been a Red Wing Theatre
in East Baltimore City.
The Laurel seated between 400 and
499 people, but in later years seated 785. Before the
Laurel, movies were also shown at the Academy of Music,
located at Rt 1 and St George Street, that theatre being
torn down years ago. Rumours are floating around that
the building might be demolished soon, due to issues
with the buildings condition ( 2015 ).